NONMEM Users Network Archive

Hosted by Cognigen

[NMusers] Job Opportunity: Pfizer Pharmacometrician (Individual Contributor) at La Jolla, CA

From: Tensfeldt, Thomas G <thomas.g.tensfeldt_at_pfizer.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 17:05:50 +0000

[pfizer_rgb_pos]

Dear all,
I wanted to ensure that you were aware of the significant opportunity avail=
able through a role in the Pharmacometrics group based in La Jolla CA.

Pfizer Pharmacometricians have key roles to play in influencing the discove=
ry and development of drugs. It's fascinating, vital work and you could be=
 part of it. We have made the strategic decision to significantly enhance =
our workforce in this discipline because of its critical importance to our =
organization. Therefore we have several new positions for talented individ=
uals at a number of US sites.

Pharmacometricians (Individual Contributor) at La Jolla, CA

In this key role you will serve as the Pharmacometrics representative on mu=
ltidisciplinary discovery and/or development teams and provide Pharmacometr=
ic expertise and leadership to a project. In the research units the positio=
n can entail partnering with research based colleagues to select and valida=
te clinical targets in order to design efficient and informative proof of m=
echanism and proof of concept studies. In the business units, the position=
 can entail partnering with development colleagues to integrate prior knowl=
edge in order to develop innovative clinical study designs for Phase II-IV =
clinical trials by applying the principles of model based drug development.

Pharmacometricians work closely with Clinical Pharmacology Leads, Clinician=
s and Statisticians to create clinical development plans that include asses=
sments of a drug's efficacy, safety, commercial viability and fulfilment of=
 registration requirements.
In order to achieve these aims, candidates are responsible for the use of i=
nnovative analytical methods to integrate knowledge of pharmacokinetics, ph=
armacodynamics, patient characteristics and disease states to optimize dose=
s, dosage regimens and study designs throughout clinical drug development.

Pharmacometricians routinely interact with internal governance bodies, regu=
latory agencies and external opinions leaders. They are expected to influe=
nce the external environment by advancing their discipline and through exte=
rnal presentations and publications.

The ideal candidates will have a doctorate degree with demonstrated experti=
se in Clinical Pharmacology and/or Pharmacometrics and strong quantitative =
skills (e.g. experience in mechanistic modeling/systems pharmacology, quant=
itative translational scaling, literature meta-analyses, population modelin=
g, and clinical trial simulations). Emphasis in the area of immuno-oncology=
 is preferred. We encourage applicants from different disciplines including=
 biostatistics, medicine, engineering, etc. Candidates with significant ex=
perience are sought as well as recent graduates. In addition to professiona=
l challenge, we offer a culture that supports and encourages ideas, and rec=
ognizes individual contribution. Moreover, the salary and extensive benefit=
s are everything you'd expect from a world leading company

To apply please visit the careers pages on www.pfizer.com<http://www.pfizer=
.com> and enter the following job opening numbers:

For Pharmacometrics (Individual Contributor), job opening number: 1028623

Michael Amantea
Pharmacometrics, Global Clinical Pharmacology, Global Product Development,=
 Pfizer Inc, San Diego CA 92121

image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)